What's a Krungthep


So here we are, in a state of emergency, full of social distancing and chapped hands.  I am extremely introverted, so this is my preferred routine.  I have many loved ones who are extremely extroverted who are losing their mind.  One of them participated in a virtual dance party on the weekend out of sheer boredom and the need to get their freak on, of course.





For this week’s assignment, we were tasked with revisiting our Instagram designs for our clients at the Toronto Police Service. The clients had some general feedback for everyone, one of which I know pertains directly to me:


4.       Be mindful of font choice. (Ex. The women in law enforcement uses a scary/Halloween looking font. Perhaps a newspaper font would be better?)


Now the interesting part about this is that I literally used a font called Old Newspaper Types feeling the same instinct of going with a more vintage-looking font. I also remember that I was supposed to have a square ad, not a rectangle ad as it’s for Instagram, so I changed that up right quick. As my natural world component is newspaper clippings, I figured Old Newspaper Types was the cohesive choice.  In my revisiting, however, I tried several vintage types including Veteran Typewriter…. But I just didn’t think I was there yet.




I decided the change the font colour to draw the eye more.  That seemed like a good start.  Then I decided to try some more modern fonts to see if the contrast helped.  The end result comes from a font called Krungthep.  In the end, I feel it worked best with the design.




  

Comments